Jack o' lanterns...

We carved pumpkins last night. Saoirse and Rowan picked out some pumpkins from Great Grandma and Grandpa R's place a couple weeks ago, and we laid out cardboard on the kitchen floor to try to contain the mess.

The girls had fun. Rowan loved trying to get the seeds out of the pumpkin, Saoirse loved playing with the seeds in the bowl I gave them. They like taking things out of something and transferring them (blocks, laundry) so I thought they would do okay as long as they thought they were helping. It went pretty well.

Also, I didn't know until while we were doing it, this was Chris's first time actually doing the carving. He said his dad always did it, then he was too old to care. So it was the first time for all three of them. I think he did well, considering. :)




1 comments:

  Harris Boys

October 27, 2008 at 7:34 PM

you are braver than me. craig did the carving while the boys and I watched...lol. they did have fun picking out their small pumpkins though.