Letter to my daughters re: men

My sweet girls-
Here's my number one piece of advice about finding the man out there who will be good enough for you: Don't ever settle for anyone who's not as great as your dad. I know that's saying a lot. It may even seem impossible at times. Trust me, I've been a single woman out there as your 20's drag on and you think it just might not happen. But I mean it. Hold out. And by saying that you should look to your dad for your standards, here is an example of what I mean:




If you can't find a man who can leave the house before 7 am to go to his job and spend all day saving people's vision (and supporting the family by doing so) then come home 11 hours later and spend the next few hours taking care of his babies, his wife, and the housework, all with a smile on his face (most days...;) because he's doing it for love....Don't settle.

Love, Mom

3 comments:

  AMANDA

April 13, 2008 at 9:44 PM

You guys are awesome...I wish we lived closer.
I agree with you. Chris is a great man. I know he is my cousin, but I have looked up to him for as long as i can remember.

  Harris Boys

April 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Amen..that is so sweet..and your husband does look really happy to be cleaning bottles or whatever it is.

  Lindsi B

April 28, 2008 at 1:53 PM

LOL! I love the letter!
SNL0605