Spring in Ann Arbor

Wow, it finally feels like spring today! It was warm and sunny, so Chris and I decided to take the girls outside. We got a new jogging stroller, which I have been meaning to buy since before the girls were born. I had big ambitions for last summer. I was delusional, clearly, when I had these ambitions. Becoming a mom does not, apparently, change who you fundamentally are. I am fundamentally lazy. Seriously. I do enjoy running, really. But have you seen those New Balance commercials that are on lately? One goes..."You broke up with running last week. But today, you saw running..and it's looking good." And then there's this little logo that says "love/hate" and the whole concept behind this series of ads is that runners have a love/hate relationship with running and they need a "new balance." Well..that's me. I have a love/hate relationship with running. And after a year and a half of not working out in any meaningful way, I'm intimidated by the whole thing. So I felt like a bit of a fraud even going into "Running Fit." Like they were going to see right through me, look at me and go...umm...when was the last time you ran? But I apparently fooled them. And I am now the proud owner of a jogging stroller. See?



Today was the first time the girls actually got down on the ground and checked out the outside. It was very limited, it was making me nervous. They've never actually picked up dirt before. And their knees are so soft, and cement is so hard. They seemed to like it, though. (the outdoors, not the cement per se). And is there anything cuter than a baby girl in a sundress? No. There is not. I know this picture of Saoirse only shows the back of her, but the back of head is damn cute. And she didn't feel like looking at the camera.



2 comments:

  AMANDA

April 7, 2008 at 10:44 PM

I love the NB commercials. I, too, have a love/hate relationship with running. I was back in love the past 2 weeks and was running twice a day on my treadmill.
Now I am in the hate phase b/c I blew my knee out and can barely walk. Short lived romance.
The girls look beautiful!

  Gwen Papp

April 8, 2008 at 8:21 AM

Sounds like a short but intense fling you and running had. Hopefully your knee will heal soon and you'll get back together. :)