Daddy's working late

Chris had a staff meeting to go to after work today, so he didn't get home until around 9 pm, after Rowan was already in bed. Normally I'd be putting Saoirse down then too, but I've made that mistake before. If she's almost asleep and then hears the garage door open all is lost, so we just hung out in bed together reading and doing our nails. When Chris called in the afternoon to check in, he said he wanted to know if the girls were being monsters, so he could decide if he could go to the meeting. I told him..."Hmm. I guess I should say they're being horrible, huh?" I didn't, though. Honestly, the days are long when I have them from wake-up until bedtime, but I did have to at least be thankful today that it's not like it was a year ago. A year ago now, we had every Monday evening without Chris, he worked until about 8:30 pm. It was about this time of year that we started having Ashley (the girls' first babysitter) a few afternoons a week, including Monday evening. She was a lifesaver. A full day alone inevitably involved tears from Mommy, not just the babies. It seemed impossible. It felt like I would never be able to take care of my own kids, like other people seemed to so effortlessly. So, even though I don't exactly look forward to whole days as the only parent on duty, it is a whole other world compared to a year ago.

I know this video is long, but it's just too cute.

2 comments:

  Harris Boys

November 11, 2008 at 7:34 AM

hehe those "boos" are too cute gwen! I love how they hand each other their sippy cups...the boys do that too. :)

  Anonymous

November 11, 2008 at 9:50 AM

who knew cupboards could be so fun?!